Create and sustain a rewarding environment through which student acquire knowledge, skills and innovative capabilities to apply it professionally for the development of nation with due consideration for ethical, ecological and economic issues.
Generate engineering graduates who use knowledge as a powerful tool to drive social transformation.
Help in building national capabilities in technology, education and research to generate a knowledge society.
Provide knowledge based technological services to satisfy the needs of industry and society.
To be the world class centre of excellence in Engineering and Technology to contribute for the national development through value based quality education, research and technological services.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- Ability to apply fundamental understanding of mathematics, science and general engineering subjects to develop product and process in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- To be able to design and analyze various Mechanical Engineering systems used in manufacturing sector employing modern concepts and IT tools.
- Ability to provide engineering designs that are based on sound principles considering functionality, aesthetics, safety, cost effectiveness and sustainability.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- To understand the Mathematical as well as scientific concepts and Mechanical Engineering fundamentals to analyze and design the components as per the industrial needs considering the specific needs of the industry.
- To apply analytical skills and conduct experiments to solve engineering problems by using modern technology with a focus on professional practice and sustainability.
- To work in a multi‐disciplinary group managing projects to enhance the interpersonal and leadership skills endowed with life-long learning.
List of Program Outcome
Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialisation for the solution of complex engineering problems.
Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
Design/development of solutions: solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with t h e society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Life-long learning: the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.