- Create and sustain a rewarding environment through which students acquire knowledge, skills and innovative capabilities to apply professionally for the development of the nation with due consideration for ethical, ecological and economic issues.
- Generate engineering graduates who use knowledge as a powerful tool to drive social transformation.
- Help in building national capabilities in technology, education and research to generate a knowledge society.
- Provide knowledge based technological services to satisfy the needs of industry and society
To be the world class centre of excellence in Engineering and Technology to contribute for the national development through value based quality education, research and technological services.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- To enrich the students with sound technical skills required for successful careers in automotive industries.
- To develop a right attitude in ethical behavior and to share the updated knowledge in the arena of automobile industries.
- To be capable of correlating data and reach the optimized solution through perfect analysis using the advanced technology in the field of automobile engineering.
- PEO4:To experience the students in finding solutions and developing system based applications for real time problems in various domains involving technical, managerial, economical and social constraints
- PEO5: To prepare the students to pursue higher studies in computing or related disciplines and to work in the fields of teaching and research.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- To have a strong foundation in the fundamentals of mathematics, science and engineering
- To develop the ability to satisfy the social needs using analytical and technical skills with latest trends.
- To be empowered with the importance of working in team with professional ethics and sharing the updated knowledge in the whole life time.
List of Program Outcome
Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialisation for the solution of complex engineering problems.
Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with t h e society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Life-long learning: Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.