Create and sustain a rewarding environment through which student acquire knowledge, skills and innovative capabilities to apply it professionally for the development of nation with due consideration for ethical, ecological and economic issues.
To be the world class centre of excellence in Engineering and Technology to contribute for the national development through value based quality education, research and technological services.
Mr. S.SELVAKUMAR PROFESSOR / HOD
Dr. R.SANTHANAKRISHNAN PROFESSOR
Mr. S.MAGESHWARAN ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Ms. P.SARANYA ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Ms. R.ROSY SUBHA HANNAH ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Mr. R. ALLOCIOUS BRITTO RAJKUMAR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Ms. B. ANTONY DASNIVAS JASMINE ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- PEO1: Ability to apply fundamental concepts in mathematics, science and engineering to develop cost – effective airborne systems with reasonable considerations of safety, social and environmental aspects.
- PEO2: Ability to design and research in the domain area of aeronautical engineering and to train professionals.
- PEO3: Ability to contribute effectively as a member or as a leader in a team to handle projects of national interest and pursue research based on competency based education and life – long learning.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- To employ the familiarity of aeronautical engineering in novel, lively and demanding atmosphere for design and expansion of innovative products applying the fundamental concepts of mathematics, science and engineering
- To resolve realistic, design and analysis issues of components to triumph over the challenge of airworthiness for flight vehicles with an understanding of constraints using modern tools and techniques.
- To provide professional training and apply ethical principles for sustainable development with an understanding of solutions to asses social, health and other issues relevant to the aircraft industry.
- To function effectively as an individual / team with good communication and project management skills to carry out a task with the help of lifelong learning.
List of Program Outcome
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialisation for the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet t h e specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with t h e society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of t h e engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.