Methodological Education is the backbone of every country and is the stepping stone for a state to move into the position of a developed Nation. Nehru Group of Institutions has been contributing in the mission of transforming rural India into developed Nation by running Nehru Institute of Technology at Coimbatore with innovation, creativity, human intelligence and patience.
It gives me immense gratification to welcome you to the creative world of NIT which has a very green campus and is equipped with state-of-art infrastructure. We have well equipped labs, workshops and libraries to help students in conquer highest standards in Academic, Research and Leadership skills. The campus also has adequate sports infrastructure to take care of Sports and recreational activities.
Sustainable living and care for the environment will be a strong focus in our College. Creating better human beings’ is our motto and we can do it by instilling values in our students that are to be embedded in their life. The main focus of the Institution is to empower students with sound knowledge, wisdom, experience and training both at the academic level of Engineering and in the highly competitive global industrial market.
The infrastructure facilities and state-of-the-art equipments combined with a galaxy of competent, talented and dedicated faculty contribute to an enjoyable and an easy learning experience. Everyone associated with Nehru Group of Institutions will be encouraged to work to the best of their ability to reach their potential, striving for excellence & equity.
We wish the best for all our students, and the members of the Institution who reiterate their aims at providing the best in Academic and extra-curricular fields. We believe that success is inevitable where these exist- Foresightedness, Firm Determination, Hard work and Discipline.
1. Principal Investigator for “Lifting Reentry Trajectory Optimization using Modern Optimization techniques” at VSSC, Trivandrum, India. Duration of the project : Two Years (Jan’2000-Dec’2001) Cost : Rs.4,34,000 Lakhs
2. Principal Investigator for AICTE funded Project Titled “Modernization of Computer Networking Laboratory” under Modernization and Removal of Obsolescence (MODROBS) Scheme, New Delhi. Duration of the project : One Year (Dec’2009-Jan’2010) Cost : Rs.10,00,000 Lakhs
3. Principal Investigator for AICTE funded Project Titled “Economical Software Development for Small Scale Industries and Educational Institutions using Agile Methodology” under Research Promotion Scheme (RPS), New Delhi. Duration of the project : Two Years (March ’2012 - April’2014) Cost : Rs.15,00,000 Lakhs
1. authored for 2 books for the benefit of the student community in Networking and Computer Servicing. Also authored / Co-authored over 87 publications that are widely referenced by researchers around the world and guided 100 - Project Scholar’s to-date.
2. Awarded competitive Research Grants from various National Government Funding Agencies including All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) and Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
3. Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education, since 1993, Life Member of Computer Society of India (CSI) and Fellow of the Institution of Engineers (FIE). He served as Reviewer in IEEE Systems Journal, International Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering, Elsevier, International Journal of Computers and Applications, ACTA Press and Editorial Board Member in Journal of Engineering Students, Hyderabad, India
4. Lead Auditor (ISO 9000:2000) and Consultant at several Academic Institutions and also responsible for mentoring new engineers and contributors, delivering technical presentations.